Blog Archive

Monday, October 9, 2017

Day 9: Random acts of Kindness

Hello! Its Day 9 of the 31 days challenge and I am using the prompt given by Writers Write to help me write for this challenge.

Today's prompt is to write about random acts of kindness. I could write a few about the ones in real life, but I chose short fiction as my main theme for the challenge and I am sticking to it. Continue reading to find out how my character reacts to and feels about such things. 




A Pleasant Surprise

It was the best day of my life, or the worst if I were a cynical person. Yet I was completely surprised by how random strangers were ready to help me. 

First I was stuck in a traffic jam and was getting late for my exam. Some sudden urge prompted me to at a look at my hall-ticket which escaped my fingers and flew towards the pavement. I couldn't even get down from the taxi, it was surrounded on all sides by vehicles. Then my first angel in the form of a ten year old kid appeared. He caught the paper and brought it to me. When I thanked him he offered me a chocolate and wished me luck. 

Then seeing my tensed state a motor biker offered to give me a ride to the examination center. Though I was skeptical, I agreed and he dropped me safe at the center and wished me luck. 

I totally aced the test and thanked the stars for sending me help at the right time. I felt now it was my turn to help someone in case they needed. I was almost home when the elderly neighbor called my name. I turned to greet her. She wanted to know if I would care to accompany her to the super market. Her rheumatism was acting up again. Well, I had a better idea. I told her I would bring all that she needed and she could rest at home. The smile she gave me was the best I've seen for a while. 

It took me more than an hour but I got everything she wanted. She was waiting for me with a plate of choco chip cookies and chilled lemonade. We sat taking and eating for some time and I realized how happy we both felt. It was then I decided that I would do my best to be aware of my surroundings instead of being completely engrossed in the mobile phone and missing such beautiful moments.

Hope you enjoyed reading the story. Keep visiting for more.




No comments:

Post a Comment