Blog Archive

Saturday, October 14, 2017

Day 13: Master Plan

Hello again! Hope you are having a good week.
Its Day 13 of the 31 days challenge and I am using the prompt given by Writers Write to help me write for this challenge.

The prompt for toady is to write if a have a master plan. Well personally I don't know! But then again, I am writing short fiction here. In that case my protagonist can have a great or maybe not-so great plan for future.



Winter Plan

The leaves are colorful; green, yellow, orange, red and brown! The stems are bare and the earth is blanketed with leaves and nuts. Yikes! It means autumn's already here and winter is not far off. I am yet to collect my food for winter! How did the days travel so fast? 

Time to roll up my sleeves and make a plan. What do I start with? Of course. 

Clean the home----> Search for nuts----> Collect from dawn to dusk----> Store & Enjoy

But I can"t clean the house now! I am too tired from running around on the branches from morning with my friends. Friends! I can ask them to help..... Nooo... Then I'll have to help them in return and that is tough. Too bad the little human cannot help me either, he's hand wouldn't fit in my home completely. Better I do it myself. Let me plan that a well. 

Clear the floor---> Stuff into shelves----> Eat any remaining nuts----> Throw the waste outside

Meanwhile where can I find nuts this time? I had a lot of trouble stealing from that big human last season. He was so selfish, wanted all the food for himself. Uff! Now I need to find another source. Think.

Yes!! Brownie was bragging about finding some new farm nearby. Maybe I can also get my nuts from there. He said it was large enough to feed all of us. I'll go there immediately. 

Oh wait! It is starting to rain. I will just have to stay out for now. Getting drenched in the rain is not a good idea. We chipmunks do not have doctors like humans do to cure us. 

Anyway, I'll rest for now but must say, I've designed an amazing plan for winter. Time to sleep though. 


Hope you liked the story. Keep visiting for more stories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment