Blog Archive

Friday, October 20, 2017

Day 20: Being Followed

Hello again! Happy Weekend, well almost.

Happy Belated Diwali! I couldn't write the past two days since 19th was our Diwali festival and on 18th I was busy with the preparations, etc. 

Its Day 20 of the 31 days challenge and I am using the prompt given by Writers Write to help me write for this challenge and let me tell you this- the prompts are amazing! You can follow them om twitter at Writers_Write for daily prompts.

The prompt for today is to write about being followed. Well usually being followed by anyone is irritating, suspicious or outright scary depending on the time and location. So what and how will be protagonist feel or react to being followed. (This will be fun ;) )


Strangers & Friends

"The weather seems better today." I commented to the waiter. 

"True, Miss. You can visit the east end today. I heard the route now cleared. Carry some water though." he replied as I drank my coffee. I nodded and thanked him. 

I walked onto the road carrying a backpack few essentials and a route map. My love for travelling made me a successful travel writer. Having the freedom to chose the places and modes of travel and a definite bonus. Smiling at others I walked along the side-path humming and whistling. 

The breakfast in a corner cafe was delicious, nothing tastes better than freshly baked chocolate muffins and strong coffee. I noticed an elderly couple siting at the adjacent table. They looked kind of familiar. Shrugging, I enjoyed my food and continued towards the valley. It had a flower garden that was a must see, the guide book read. And I wasn't disappointed. The place was pure heaven. Never in my travel I've seen so many types of plants and such vivid colors. I took hundreds of pictures and saw the same couple enjoying the beauty. Must be tourists, I thought and continued with my day's plan. 

I saw them in a tiny restaurant where I stopped for a quick bite and found them behind me in the line for the Ferris wheel. I shot 8 balls out of ten and won an elephant toy while the man hit all ten and got the heart-shaped cushion for the woman. 

By the end of the day they were beginning to creep me out. Playing tourists was fine but to find them behind me every time I turn back was disturbing. They even walked into the hotel behind me. 

"Why are you following me?" I asked them as they entered into the lobby. 

"Oh dear!" the woman said.

"Err.. Miss, we mean you no harm. I swear. Despite carrying a map with us, we got lost the other day. Today morning we heard you speak to the waiter and thought it would be good if we followed you. We kept our distance so as to not disturb you. Sorry." The man replied smiling nervously. 

I burst out laughing. Here I was planning to warn them about my nonexistent karate moves and they were trying not to get lost again. 

"That's alright. Just tell me next time you decide to follow me." I replied and we had a good chat over dinner. My visit ended with me gaining new friends. 

Hope you enjoyed reading the story. Keep visiting for more stories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment