Blog Archive

Saturday, October 21, 2017

Day 21: President

Hello! Weekend's here! 

Its Day 21 of the 31 days challenge and I am using the prompt given by Writers Write to help me write for this challenge and let me tell you this- the prompts are amazing! You can follow them om twitter at Writers_Write for daily prompts.

The prompt for today is to write about what my main characters would think about the President of my country. I am from India we have slightly different rules. We have a Parliamentarian form of Government unlike the Presidential form of Government in some countries. That means it the Parliament headed by the Prime Minister which takes decisions.

Also our President was elected recently, on 25th July, 2017, so I am in a dilemma as to what I should be writing for this prompt. Maybe I'll just create a fictional President as well. I am writing short fiction for this after all. Time to bring out the thinking cap. ;)



The Nosy President

Ga Ga Land has finally elected it President, The Nosy after months of discussions and debates. He was liked by majority of the Gnomes because of his ability to help others. Yet as always there were some who felt he was too interfering and thought that was because he had the longest nose in their land.  

One day a monkey reporter from animal kingdom visited their land to do a story on the newly elected President. 

"He is the best! I don't know what I would have done without his help." The old cook said as she knead the pastry dough. 

"What did he do?" the monkey asked scribbling on his notepad. 

"Well, he saved and helped me collect all the nuts that rolled away. I was carrying home a bag nuts when a naughty little fella tried to snatch it from me. Nosy came by and scared the child away. He then stayed with me to find and pick all the nuts." she replied wiping her hands on the gray apron. 

The monkey next went to the cobbler. "What do you think about your new President?" he asked ready to take notes.

Grinning, the shabby cobbler replied. "Oh Nosy! He's a good man, always ready to help. Why only last week he carried the load of coal  for me from the forest edge. My back aches, you see."

"But will be do it even now?" monkey was curious.

The cobbler waved his hammer saying he definitely would. "Nosy can't stay away, you know. Its his long nose." 

Next the monkey visited the gardener who was busy raking the fallen leaves. Before he could even ask the reply came in a series of grunts and words. "I know.. Nosy.. Good enough, I suppose. Wanted to help me once... Me! I have 40 years.. experience in my job... Told him straight... not to bother me.. can help others... they love him.. not me.. Tried to teach me... my job.. I know more... His mother should have.. cut that... nose.. when young... Pick up that leaf.."

The monkey nodded in earnest and gently added a leaf to the pile. Thanking the gardener who grunted in response he went back to his office in the cave. The article was published in the monthly Animal Ga Ga magazine. 


Hope you enjoyed reading this. Keep visiting for more stories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment