Blog Archive

Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Zephyr's Gift

The image is taken from Pixabay. 

Soft and gentle,
He touched my hair 
Lifting the tendrils 
To dance with abandon.

Warm and cool,
He soothed my soul
Blowing a sweet kiss
To wipe the traces of pain.

Spring or autumn,
He never left me alone
Filling my senses 
With the fragrance of flowers and leaves.

Mist and snow,
He brought along at times
Sliding over my face
As I stare at the sky.

Tugging my skirt,
He teased me to follow
To the ends of the earth
Hoping to catch a glimpse.

Was he a spirit,
Or an invisible little boy?
Was he the God of the west wind,
Blowing to stake a claim?

Day and night,
He acted as my knight
As people asked about my secret smile
I laughed, calling it Zephyr's Gift.

*********
Note:
Zephyr is the name of the Greek God of the West Wind.
That was where the meaning of breeze got attached to the word.
And... we are done!!
I did the challenge of one poem per day for an entire month. :D
*dancing with joy* 

No comments:

Post a Comment