Blog Archive

Saturday, April 6, 2019

Forgotten Memories

The image is taken from Pixabay. 

Fresh as the morning dew
Fiery as the summer sun
The memories danced forth
Their presence a foolish reminder 
Of the past, that flew by
As I fancied the world was mine to conquer. 

Free as the mindless breeze
Funny as the chirping birds
The memories floated around
Trying to fill my senses with warmth;
The fervent attempts brought tears to my eyes,
I knew there was filth hidden in the empty spaces. 

Fierce as the strike of lightning 
Furious as the rumbling thunder 
The memories lashed, forcing my heart and soul
To embrace the finicky reminders 
And forgive the daunting echoes;
Yet, I pushed them away, for forgotten memories were best, buried forever. 

***********

Note:
Day 6 for F
A stanza with six lines is called a sestet (though it is usually used in sonnets).
Each line has a word with F in it.
Maybe, I should patent these new poetry forms.


2 comments:

  1. ah, nice! Like the way how many related F's got inside the poem! Nice! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Trying my best to take the A-Z thingy seriously. :)

      Delete