Blog Archive

Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Hell, Heaven, Home or Heart?

The image is taken from Pixabay. 

Was I in a cell or a shell?
When the cry of a raven 
Echoed inside the confines of the dome
Urging me, it was time to restart.

Louder and louder it began to yell
Forcing me to step out of the haven
Was this some kind of a syndrome 
Tearing my senses apart?

Trying to escape the horrors of self-imposed Hell
I stumbled into an illusion of Heaven
When my life began to call it a Home
I realized it was always in my Heart. 

**********
Note:
Day 9 for H
Tried to rhyme the title words in stanzas with the rhyme scheme of abcd abcd abcd. 
The tone was left vague for the readers to interpret the poem as they chose.


3 comments:

  1. ah, nice. 'Always in heart' in the end made it look all different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting rhyme scheme for A to Z. You may try rhyme schemes that end with each letter or sound. New Product Design and Production #AtoZChallenge Blogging 2019 #NarayanaRaoProf

    ReplyDelete