Blog Archive

Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Narcissus

The image is taken from Pixabay. 

Yellow and white, she bloomed
Tender as a newborn's touch
Glittering in the dew on a spring morning 
She sat on the throne of grass.

Glancing at me walking by, she winked
Luring me to step closer and admire 
The curves she flaunted, twirling in the breeze
With a grin on her lovely face. 

Enticed, I gently plucked her 
Tracing my fingers over the fragile petals 
When she dropped to the ground 
My hands turning red after a kiss from her.

Seeping into my blood, the toxins spread
Making me numb from within 
Bringing forth a bitter truth I failed to perceive 
The daffodil was lovingly called a Narcissus.

********
Note:
Day N for Narcissus.
Narcissus means Numbness in Greek.
The bulbs of these flowers can cause itchiness, rashes, and nausea.
The plant has toxins that could poison a human.

No comments:

Post a Comment