Blog Archive

Monday, April 13, 2020

Kissed by the Divine

Credit: Ratna Pochiraju

Made of wood-
Sawed, mended, & polished
With holes drilled
I was called a masterpiece.

The blowing breeze danced
Winding its way through
Tickling and teasing me
Coaxing a tune
They wanted to name, melody.

Hands changed; grip tightened & eased
None made a difference
As all I did was wheeze & sneeze
Neither was there a song
Nor was there any concern.

And then he appeared
The mist enhancing his cobalt skin
Eyes heavy with wisdom
An alluring contrast
To the chiseled nose and brows.

I knew he was like no other
As his gentle hands
Held me to his lips-
Oh, how do I explain this wonder
This feeling of ecstasy flowing through me

Tender and light
His touch danced on my holes
Mesmerizing the world
While I musically sighed
Being kissed by the divine. 

********
For more poems, check out Violets in Hand
For a dose of horror, check out the latest book onboard Route 13: Highway to Hell. The book is free on KU.
#AtoZChallenge 2020 Blogging from A to Z Challenge letter K
Read the other poems here
*****

Are you a writer? Here’s a great opportunity to get published. The Hive is inviting submissions for their next anthology. To know more details, click here.

15 comments:

  1. This is soulful! Loved it Srivalli!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a surreal experience to be touched by divinity. YOu have summed it very well bringing out every nuance of expressions felt by the heart.

    - Its K for 'Kris Kringle' at https://canvaswithrainbow.com/kris-kringle/

    ReplyDelete
  3. While I musically sighed
    Being kissed by the divine. Loved the lines. You know Srivalli, I am a passionate flute lover. Often I get amazed by the magical piece of bamboo. Just loved your poem, deeply touched my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Swarnali!
      That's wonderful. I should have probably expected it, with your name itself being so musical. <3

      Delete
  4. Beautiful poem.
    K for Krishna and K for Kudos to you for this beautiful piece- an ode to his bansuri.
    loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely like the way how the words flow. :-) Melody!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful....it almost flowed like the soothing tune of the flute in our ears... Your poems are so so beautiful. I am already a big fan both of your poems and the beautiful paintings that accompany them:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Ira. :)
      You've made my day. The paintings are my inspiration. I turn to them very often.

      Delete
  7. The instrument chooses the musician - beautiful poem.

    ReplyDelete