Blog Archive

Friday, April 3, 2020

Come With Me

Credit: Ratna Pochiraju 

A chance meeting-
Coincidence, deliberate, or destiny
I never questioned
As strings tugged me
Towards her.

Chestnut hair, white dress-
All I can ever remember
Since the day our paths crossed
Changing my life’s direction
To chase her.

Blur, green, gray, or amber-
I knew not the color of her eyes
Even as her whispers echoed
Chaining my fate
To follow hers.

Come with me-
The words were a chant
Luring me not to a paradise
But to a reality stranger than life
Where I became her.

Real or illusion-
It never did matter
Watching the vision disappear
Into the mossy aura around
Urging me to trust her.

So trust I did-
Waiting, enduring, surviving
Living her life and mine
As our fates entwined
Promising to free us both, together. 

********
For more poems, check out Violets in Hand
For a dose of horror, check out the latest book onboard Route 13: Highway to Hell. The book is free on KU.

#AtoZChallenge 2020 Blogging from A to Z Challenge letter C
Read the other poems here

19 comments:

  1. Some things are like Keats's La Belle Dame Sans Merci. They hold us in trance forever. You seem to have met one such thing or person?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, TM.
      Sadly, I haven't. The poem pulled me that way. :)

      Delete
  2. Sometimes a chance meeting changes the entire course of a life. Nice poem. All the best for your A-Z.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two lives as one. Beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. The bond, once it is set, is set for ever.

    Best wishes for the rest of the A2Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Ajit :)
      Good luck to you too.

      Delete
  5. That's a wow, I'm amused with your skill to come up with a poem daily.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Living her life and mine
    As our fates entwined
    Promising to free us both, together


    What lovely lines... Simply loved your poem... True craftsmanship

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ever para here had a direction. Freed us together both, wowie! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow. I can think of so many layers of meaning here. But I am curious to know your inspiration behind this poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Suchita. :)
      The major inspiration was the painting itself. The image made me to think about her features, about her expressions, and emotions. Since I couldn't see them, I used my imagination. :)

      Delete
  9. Lovely images, lovely poetry. Thanks for sharing!

    https://atozwriting.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete