Blog Archive

Sunday, December 16, 2018

Sweetheart

The image is taken from Pixabay

Sweeter than honey, your words flowed through my veins,
Wilder than the abandoned grass, my love grew,
Evergreen, it flourished for you,
Everlasting, your promises echoed in my body,
Tender memories kept me warm on the cold nights, as my
Heart refused to let go of a dream,
Even when you insisted it was over between us.
Away, you went, laughing and wooing another girl,
Repeating the same promises in a husky tone.
Trust me, my sweetheart, you will be mine alone.





The poem is written in Acrostic style. 

4 comments:

  1. Don't fight for him, get someone who won't leave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol... Nathan, I was hoping for a technical review from you.
      I wrote in first person POV to suit the mood of the poem. :)

      Delete
  2. I loved the “wilder than abandoned grass” line. It felt unexpected and yet it really worked to convey the type of love you felt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Michelle. :)
      It did suit the continuing lines that bordered on obsession.

      Delete