Blog Archive

Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Fancy Dump Bag

The image is taken from sammydress.com 

Dump! Toss! Heap!
Yeah! Go on, honey,
Throw in a few more tissues.
Duh! So blasted annoying!
What does she take me for?
A fancy trash carrier?

Huff! Who needs all tubes, jars, and sticks?
Lipsticks, liners, powders.
Pens, stapler, crumpled paper.
Coins, crushed dollars, candy.
Ketchup and Sugar packets!
Am I a waste bin, darling?

Does she even know my value?
The celebrities hug and kiss me
They cuddle me like an infant!
I would be cherished on the air-conditioned shelves.
And here, I am, with this hyper kid,
Suffering worse than a three dollar cloth bag!

Oh! Comes the Queen again
Ow! Nah, sweetheart, stop!
Hold on, for a minute, sweetie.
I'll have to teach you to care for your things.
What would you do if I vanish,
With all your precious junk?

Give it a try and see, girlie
I'll be gone in the blink of an eye. Whoosh!!

8 comments:

  1. A fancy trash carrier? and that's what my hubby called my handbag.

    A handbag is a lady's best friend byt we need to treat 'her'in a more polite and respectful manner.

    https://ideasolsi65.blogspot.com/2018/09/cell-prisoner.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha... :) Yeah, treat her well.
      Mine is no less different. A tad organized (in my own way) which looks messier.
      Thank you.

      Delete
  2. This was a very fun perspective to read. I like how the prompt is loosening people's writing up. Will we see more sarcastic inanimate object poems from you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nathan. :)
      I enjoyed writing it, so yes. I might do a few more.

      Delete
  3. This made me smile. I feel for my own handbag now. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha.. Don't we all!
      Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

      Delete
  4. This was funny! And oh so true! I think this one might be my favorite poem I've read of yours so far. :)

    ReplyDelete