Blog Archive

Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Still Waters



In the middle of nowhere,
secure on the rippling waves,
with nothing but gold around,
we sat aware, yet unconcerned.

There was so much to say,
words swirled in my mind,
I look at you, my heart heavy,
your eyes devoid of emotion bring tears to mine.

How did we go wrong?
Which noise broke our whispered silences?
No, do not answer.
I see the truth in my heart.

If only! I wish!
Oh! How I wish,
each day, every minute,
but my courage deserts me.

The golden dusk was once pale,
in the warmth of your smile.
Today, we are mere strangers,
even as the rings glint in the sunlight.

I cannot bear this anymore,
let us go back to the real world.
The power of Nature breaks my heart,
only if I could, I would apologize forever.




An attempt to use the image as well as the word prompt (show guilt without naming it) in a single poem. 

4 comments:

  1. “The golden dusk was once pale in the warmth of your smile” is a very nice turn of phrase. It succeeds in making the “you” of the poem almost mythical, able to steal attention from the Sun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful poem. The emotion well conveyed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Chirasree. :)
      You have a lovely name.

      Delete