Blog Archive

Friday, January 26, 2018

International Holocaust Remembrance Day

Hello friends, International Holocaust Remembrance Day is coming up on January 27th!


It is a day to remember the atrocities of the past and say ‘Never Again’. Here is a writing project I took part in to honor those who have been and those who still are being affected by that terrible past. Check out the video below and read the free stories on Sweek.
It was a different experience writing about the dark pages of history. I wasn't sure initially if I wanted to write one when Chinthaka Nanayakkara contacted me on Sweek, but I thought I'd give it a try.

The research made me really want to write something good and I ended up with a poem called The Mass Murder and a flash fiction titled Destination Death.

I've also added a note requesting readers' discretion considering the sensitive content. 


1 comment:

  1. A wonderful post, it was great to be a part of this project with so many great writers. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete