Blog Archive

Sunday, January 3, 2021

Goya- Book Review

Goya by Priya U Bajpai

Genre: Short Stories 
4.5 Stars

People who know me know how much I love to read (and write) short stories. Imagine a book with a bunch of stories in different locations, with varying themes and a multitude of characters. And when friends publish their collection of short stories, it is always special.

Goya by Priya is one such book I’ve been eager to read for a while. We have been working closely for the past year, and I appreciate her determination, humor, and dedication even more.

Coming to the book, this is a delightful collection of 27 stories belonging to different genres. Most stories are short, crisp, and still manage to pack a whole lot of emotions. The biggest story happens to be my favorite, and why not? It’s detective fiction. Nothing like a crime waiting to be solved to make me happy.

I’ve already read a couple of stories online, and one of them has been my absolute favorite-

The Second-best Bed. I’m not going to list all my favorites (don’t worry) but will mention that there’s a story for every reader.

From science fiction to YA to family drama and historical fiction, Goya is an array of genres, colors, and emotions. The writing is lucid and flows like a gentle river. You can drift from one story to another and not feel any jerks, even though the stories are far from being connected to each other. There isn’t even a common theme in the book.

Still, it took me less than two hours to read from the first page to the last and remember the stories as well. Goya is a dreamy and delicious book (minus food, of course) for readers who enjoy short doses of interesting characters.

Grab your copy today and step into the world where words carry the readers to distant lands.

*****

P.S: I have been lucky enough to get an author-signed copy of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment