Blog Archive

Monday, April 10, 2017

The Memoirs of an Eighty year Old- Episode XIII

Episode - Surprise Gift


Hii peeps.. I know you are waiting and expecting this post to be the second part of the wedding post. But you will just have to wait a teeny bit longer for that. Grandpa celebrated his 80th birthday recently and being an audience of a small part of it made me want to write about it.
 
So firstly, Belated Happy Birthday Gramps.. You are now officially 80 years young.. 


Being in my twenties I cannot even imagine what it feels to experience various emotions and adventures for eight decades of one's life. All I know is that it's definitely not easy. Kudos to you grandpa. You aced it, in my opinion.

Right, so I go to wish him and find the house filled with people. It was a surprise for him to have most of loved ones around him and trust me he literally glowed. Grandma was equally elated.
Now I want to tell you readers about the special gift he received from them. A scrapbook with handwritten messages from every family member and few of the various pictures they took. I sat and read the entire scrapbook mainly because I wanted to write about it. ☺


But going through it made me realize the extent of the love and respect they have for him. It has no bounds. Be it a two line message or a forty lines one the emotion remained the same throughout. 

Hatsoff to the sister-brother duo, (Ap, An) for working on it, in secret.  The messages were beautiful to read. One or two especially tugged at my heart, though I am not revealing which. 


I only pray to God to give grandpa and grandma good health for many many years to come so that they can continue to enjoy the love of their family.. 


The next episode is definitely the second part of their wedding..  Till then, be happy, be good... 

2 comments:

  1. :) :) luv u tatagaru....Thankyou somuch for this Rekha :) love you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. love you too girl.. the scrapbook was an amazing idea..

      Delete