Blog Archive

Sunday, February 26, 2017

The Memoirs of an Eighty year Old- Episode X

Episode- Our Granny


There have been demands to write more about our dear grandma and this episode is about her. I have already given an introduction about her in the previous episodes and here is the link.


It is a little tough to write in detail about granny's opinion on things. Mostly because she doesn't say much when I ask her. I have to listen and store her words in my personal hard drive (my brain) when there is some random discussion and write it down later in a chronological order. And also because her opinions are very straight forward and to the point. But from now I will definitely try and add more about her.

In the family I noticed that grandma is the anchor ⚓, the support system and the stabilizer. She is the heart and soul of the family. She is the source of grandpa's strength and he not just knows it but proudly accepts it. 

 Once when we were teasing him about how he does what she wants, he explained to us. "I don't do what she says. I do what I want. But what I want is what she feels. So ultimately I do what she thinks, because it is what I want as well." Now, has anyone heard anything more romantic?😉

Our dear grandma has a strong influence on all her children and grandchildren whether they notice it or not. It is a part of their lives. Her love isn't vocal but it is ever present like the air around us. Her love is not freely given, it has to be earned by being a honest person, having a good and a kind heart. It is earned by being truthful to self and others. That is what she taught her kids and grand kids.


So meet you again in the next episode. Till then, be happy, be kind.

1 comment: