Blog Archive

Monday, June 27, 2016

The Eternal Sky- Part I- Beauty of Dawn

 I've always loved the sky- the unlimited span, the changing colors, the various clouds & their weird shapes, the sun, moon, stars & their changing positions, and finally the effect it has on people's moods.

Not being a morning person I tend to miss watching the sunrises, but yesterday I was lucky enough to watch and capture the most beautiful sunrise coupled with a rainbow.


      Opening my sleepy eyes to my mother's call, I noticed through my room window a burst of golden and pink clouds spread across the eastern sky ready for the sun to rise. When I got up to reach my mobile phone to take a picture, I saw one end of a rainbow towards the west. I ran into the balcony to get a decent view and to take pictures before the rainbow disappeared.

My father came out surprised to hear me running about at 5.40 in the morning. It usually takes me 15-20 minutes to get into active mode after I wake up unless of course, it is a rare occasion like this one.

     Realizing that I could see the complete arc of the rainbow, I was elated. The sky was pinkish-blue with a bright inner rainbow and a very faint outer one. The inner rainbow has red on the outside with blue on the inside. The outer rainbow has red on the inside and blue on the outside. This is because of the difference in reflection and refraction of light on the dew drops.

    Taking pictures of the rainbow and the dawn sky alternately I observed that as the sun rose, the rainbow lost color and slowly disappeared. The entire spectacle lasted for some 5-7 minutes, but it was the best morning of my life. The colors of the sky always do that to me. They bring peace, silent strength and a sense of content and happiness.

   I went back to sleep with a smile on my face and rainbows in my dreams.


No comments:

Post a Comment